Hvr Community Guidelines
Hvr’s purpose is to serve the public’s need for participation and conversation across the web. Violence, harassment and other similar types of behaviour discourage people from expressing themselves and ultimately diminish the value of global public conversation. Our Community Guidelines are to ensure all people can participate in public conversation freely and safely.
Content not allowed on Hvr:
- Threats and glorification of violence: You may not threaten violence against an individual or a group of people. We also prohibit the glorification of violence.
- Terrorism/violent extremism: You may not threaten or promote terrorism or violent extremism.
- Child sexual exploitation: We have zero tolerance for child sexual exploitation on Hvr.
- Abuse/harassment: You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. This includes wishing or hoping that someone experiences physical harm.
- Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.
- Perpetrators of violent attacks: We will remove any accounts maintained by individual perpetrators of terrorist, violent extremist, or mass violent attacks, and may also remove Tweets disseminating manifestos or other content produced by perpetrators.
- Suicide or self-harm: You may not promote or encourage suicide or self-harm.
- Sensitive media, including graphic violence and adult content: You may not post media that is excessively gory or share violent or adult content in posts or in profile or header images. Media depicting sexual violence and/or assault is also not permitted.
- Illegal or certain regulated goods or services: You may not use our service for any unlawful purpose or in furtherance of illegal activities. This includes selling, buying, or facilitating transactions in illegal goods or services, as well as certain types of regulated goods or services.
- Private information: You may not publish or post other people’s private information (such as home phone number and address) without their express authorization and permission. We also prohibit threatening to expose private information or incentivizing others to do so.
- Non-consensual nudity: You may not post or share intimate photos or videos of someone that were produced or distributed without their consent.
- Platform manipulation and spam: You may not use Hvr’s services in a manner intended to artificially amplify or suppress information or engage in behaviour that manipulates or disrupts people’s experience on Hvr.
- Civic Integrity: You may not use Hvr’s services for the purpose of manipulating or interfering in elections or other civic processes. This includes posting or sharing content that may suppress participation or mislead people about when, where, or how to participate in a civic process.
- Misleading and Deceptive Identities: You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organizations to mislead, confuse, or deceive others, nor use a fake identity in a manner that disrupts the experience of others on Hvr.
- Synthetic and manipulated media: You may not deceptively share synthetic or manipulated media that are likely to cause harm. In addition, we may label Tweets containing synthetic and manipulated media to help people understand their authenticity and to provide additional context.
- Copyright and trademark: You may not violate others’ intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
Third-party advertising in video content
- You may not submit, post, or display any video content on or through our services that includes third-party advertising, such as pre-roll video ads or sponsorship graphics, without our prior consent.
- Note: we may need to change these rules from time to time in order to support our goal of promoting a healthy public conversation. The most current version is always available at https://hvr.world/community-guidelines