If this Policy changes in the future, we will post an updated version on our website at hvr.world (the “Website”). We recommend that you check this Website periodically in order to review our current Policy. You can tell if this Policy has changed by checking the effective date that appears at the bottom of this Policy. Depending on the circumstances, we may also decide to send you a notice in other ways in our discretion, such as via email or other contact information you have provided that the Policy was changed. If you continue to use our Products after the Policy changed or notice of the change has been given, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
1. Information We Collect
When you use our Products, we collect the following types of information:
* Account information: When you use our Products you may need to create an account with us. In order to create an account, you will need to provide us with your name, email and address. When you create an account, the information you provide will be used as part of a verification process.
* General usage data: When you use our Products we may collect technical properties of hardware and software utilized in conjunction with our Products. For example, we may collect the IP address, type and model of hardware
and/or web browser you are using, referring or exit webpages, and the operating system version you are using.
When you use our Products we may also collect information about the time you use our Products, how long you use our Products in each session, where you use our products (see section 1(d) Location information), what URLs you visit and for how long when you use our Products, the webpages you load when you use our Products, the features you use in our Products, and the subjects, interests, and themes you read about and search when you use our Products. For example, we collect information about what you are pinning, the exact URL you are on, when and where you create, join, or leave a group, when or where you send an invite to a new user, when and where you load webpages, when and where you follow or unfollow other users, when and where you tag an element and what type of tag you use, when and where you reply to a tag, and when and where you load and act upon an existing tag. We also collect the content you input, receive and share when using our Products (your “Content”). Your Content includes, but is not limited to, the content of your posts and tags.
* Purchase and Payment Information: While payments made through our Products are processed through a third party, we may collect information to administer, manage, and fulfill the purchases you make. For example, we may collect your name, email address, account information, what is ordered, the date and time of the order, the quantity and price of the order, whether payment was made, method of payment, purchase history, and if you re-ordered.
* Location information: When you use our Products, we may collect your location by city. When you use our Products, enable data services, use the browser or location-based functionality on your device, location information associated to your device (e.g. Global Positioning System (GPS) or similar satellite triangulation information, Internet Protocol address (IP address) information, carrier or tower ID, the BSSID (Broadcast Service Set Identifier) and MAC address (Media Access Control address) of Wi-Fi access points, and signal strength of visible Wi-Fi hotspots or wireless towers) may be communicated to us or our service providers. HVR will store this location information and will be able to connect this information to unique identifiers permitting HVR to identify you. The Company may process such information to provide you with or facilitate the provision of information and location-
based services (e.g. location-sensitive promotions or coupons, and socialization communication check-ins). If you choose to use location-based services, you agree that such geographic location information may be processed to provide you with such services. If you choose to use location-based services or other applications to disclose your location to other persons or entities, you assume responsibility for the risks involved in doing so, and it is your responsibility to use them appropriately and according to applicable law.
* Quality assurance and customer service: We provide a ticketing system for user support that has a Q&A and support feedback loop. Your customer service ticket submissions may be logged, and/or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes such as to assist in addressing your inquiries, troubleshooting, training and analytics to identify trends and make improvements to our Products and customer service. As part of the recording and logging of the ticket submissions, we will collect information like the identity of submitter, the date and time of the submission and the subject and resolution of the issue.
Your customer service telephone calls and emails with us and our service providers, if any, may be recorded, logged, and/or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes such as to assist in addressing your inquiries, troubleshooting, training and analytics to identify trends and make improvements to our Products and customer service. As part of the recording and logging of the calls and emails, we will collect information like the identity of the caller or sender of email, the date and time of the call or email, and the subject and resolution of the issue.
Some of this information would not by itself identify you to us or be personally identifiable and is therefore considered non-personal information. If we combine any such non-personal information with other personal information available to us, the combined information will be treated as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
2. Our Use of Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect about you:
* to understand and meet your needs and preferences, and/or to provide you with our Products, for example:
* for purposes related to the billing, activation, provision, maintenance, support, trouble shooting, resolving of disputes, deactivation, upgrade, or update of Products;
* to process and fulfill your order, send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment, send you Products or goods you order, and allow you to pay for Products and goods you order;
* to ensure Products are technically functioning as intended and to help identify and troubleshoot issues;
* to fulfill or enforce any agreements or notices we provide and are associated with a particular Product (“Notices”);
* to manage or respond to your inquiries;
* to develop new and enhance existing Products including to communicate with you about them using various means, for example to make available or send to you upgrades or updates, or notices of upgrades or updates of Products;
(i) to manage and develop our business and operations, for example, for statistical purposes;
(ii) to detect, monitor, investigate, mitigate or attempt to prevent fraud and technical or security issues or to protect our property;
* to allow for business continuity and disaster recovery operations;
* to enforce our legal rights;
* to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to respond to emergency situations, for example:
* to respond to court orders, warrants or other lawful requests or legal processes;
* to provide emergency assistance in situations that may threaten the life or physical safety of you or others; or
* for any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in Notices, and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Policy, we may remove personal identifiers from your information and maintain and use it in a de-identified form that may be combined with other information to generate aggregated information. Such de-identified and/or aggregated information will be deemed to be owned by us and we shall have unrestricted title, rights, and interest to the de-identified and/or aggregated information which may include, without limitation, the right to use, distribute, transmit, transfer, license, trade, rent, share, assign, and sell the de-identified and/or aggregated information. We will retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws.
You may update your communication preferences anytime by writing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. To whom we Disclose your Personal Information
In accordance with this Policy, we may share your personal information:
* within Company and/or with our service providers such as a cloud service provider in Canada, the United States, and the European Economic Area for data storage;
* with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us;
* if we have your consent;
* with third parties involved in providing our Products to you which may include payment processors;
* as necessary to complete any transactions while using our Products;
* respond to a subpoena, order, legal process, or government request;
* protect, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
* investigate, detect, suppress, prevent or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the reputation or physical safety of any person;
* as otherwise required by law; or
* if we are to be sold, merged, or amalgamated or substantially all of its assets are to be sold or disposed of, your personal information may be transferred to a potential purchaser if, and to the extent necessary, it is required for the purposes of deciding whether to proceed with the proposed transaction and
completing it. If such a sale, merger, acquisition, or disposal is completed, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
4. Your Decisions About Your Personal Information
At any time you can contact us to: stop receiving emails from us; review the personal information held by us in connection with your account; withdraw your consent for our use and disclosure of your information; request a list of third parties to which we may have provided your personal information; close your account; and amend your personal information, by writing to us at email@example.com. You can always unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails from us by simply clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every promotional email from us or by unsubscribing at our Website.
If you contact us to do any of the things listed above, we may require you to provide sufficient personal information to allow us to identify you and tell you about the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and this personal information will only be used for this purpose. If you contact us about your personal information, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time and at minimal cost or no cost to you in accordance with applicable laws.
Generally, you may withdraw at any time your consent for us to collect, use, and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. As such, we may continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information as may be required to provide you with our Products, and to the extent that we are contractually obligated to do so or as necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have with us. If you refuse to provide us with the information we require or later contact us to withdraw your consent for us to use and disclose your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide you with our Products.
When you visit the Website, we collect certain information by automated means, such as through server log files, cookies (text files sent to and stored on your device when you access the Website), web beacons (also known as clear GIFs and pixel tags, which may be used to transmit information back to the Website), and embedded scripts (programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as the links you click on, and which is active only when you are accessing the Website).
The information we collect in this manner may include details about the computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the Website (such as browser type, operating system, and IP address), referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Products, and to develop new ones. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads. Our automated systems analyze your Content to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results and tailored advertising.
We may use third-party web analytics services to help us analyze how visitors use the Website. We may permit these third parties to operate directly on the Website, use their own technology (such as cookies or web beacons), and collect information about you on our behalf.
The information we collect in this manner is collected to enhance your user experience. For example, this information allows us to pre-fill form fields as well as provides you with contextual recommendations while using the Website.
When you visit our Website, we may allow some third parties (such as advertising networks and data analytics companies) to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. However, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do
Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
In some instances, we may also combine information we receive about you from third parties with information we collect through the Website.
We aim to provide you with a safe experience. We have in place certain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to appropriately protect the security and privacy of your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will guarantee the security of the information.
We limit access to your personal information within the Company to individuals with a need to know.
Your personal information may be collected, used, processed, transferred, and retained in multiple countries including Canada, the United States, and the European Economic Area which may be outside the region in which you are situated and may have different privacy or data protection legislation, and may therefore be subject to the laws of these countries. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or a country which restricts data transfers outside of that jurisdiction or region without your consent, by using our Products, you consent to your personal information being transferred outside of the European Economic Area or your country for processing or storage by or on behalf of us.
7. Links to Other Sites
review these policies at any site you visit. This Policy does not apply to such linked pages or other sites, and we are not responsible for the content or practices of any linked websites which are provided solely for your convenience.
8. Children’s Online Privacy Protection
The Website and Products are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonably efforts to delete such personal information from our database.
9. California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties and affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, please send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
10. Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments or wish to make a complaint about this Policy, please feel free to contact us. If you contact us about your personal information, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time and at minimal cost or no cost to you in accordance with applicable laws. Depending on the circumstances and applicable laws, we may refuse to process certain access requests (for example, access requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, would be extremely impractical or require disproportionate technical effort).